Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Johns Creek
- Boat Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- Businesss Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- RV Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
Other Storage Unit Options in Johns Creek, GA
Storage Unit Sizes in Johns Creek
- 5x5 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Johns Creek, GA
About Johns Creek
The city of Johns Creek is one of Atlanta's northwestern suburbs, home to a number of cultural institutions, recreational facilities and everyday amenities. It's a popular home base for commuters, especially business professionals who work in Atlanta. Johns Creek has been named among the top five best cities to live in by national publication USA Today, earning attention for the high quality of life its residents enjoy.
The History of Johns Creek
In the early years of the land that's now Johns Creek, the area was a trading post and safe space for the Cherokee and Creek Native American tribes. Through the years, it continued as a trading area and a crossroads for pioneers. One of the most famous families in the area was Sarah Cordery and John Rogers, whose home is still standing in the town of Johns Creek. Johns Creek went by a handful of different names throughout its development, eventually being renamed for John Rogers.
Throughout the early 20th century, the surrounding area underwent waves of development, with the Johns Creek area remaining mostly forestland and farms. In 1981, the land was purchased by the founders of Technology Park/Atlanta, who named their new community Technology Park/Johns Creek. They created a massive master-planned development that now hosts hundreds of businesses, providing thousands of local jobs. In the year 2000, many members of the community pushed for official incorporation of Johns Creek, achieving their goal in 2006.
Living in Johns Creek
You may be able to easily drive to Atlanta to take advantage of its amenities, but you don't need to with all there is to find in Johns Creek. Grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, fitness centers and medical facilities are plentiful in the city. There are also several colleges and universities in the area, contributing to a well-educated population.
The city also has a vibrant arts and culture scene. It hosts the only professional symphony orchestra in the Atlanta metro area, the Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra. You can also take a variety of art classes and enroll your child in art camp at the Johns Creek Art Center. If sports and recreation are where your interests lie, Johns Creek has several golf courses, a large athletic club and an active lawn tennis community. The nearby Chattahoochee River offers rafting and boating, and it's also a popular destination for trout fishing.
Johns Creek is also home to a number of special events and celebrations, including Founders Week, Arts on the Creek and the Family Fall Festival.
Johns Creek Schools
Public schools in Johns Creek are part of the Fulton County School District, which manages several public charter schools in addition to its traditional elementary, middle and high schools. Private schools are another option in the area, with parochial, college-prep and Montessori campuses all within Johns Creek city limits.
Resources for Moving to Johns Creek
Here's some helpful information to simplify your move to Johns Creek:
- Utilities: Power providers in the Johns Creek area include Georgia Power and Sawnee EMC. Fulton County Water Resources is in charge of water utilities.
- Garbage and Recycling: Curbside collection of trash and recyclables is provided by several different private companies in Johns Creek.
- Transportation: Although Johns Creek does not have a MARTA transit station within its boundaries, you can take the Xpress commuter shuttle to Doraville's MARTA station.
Johns Creek Housing
The median home price in Johns Creek is significantly higher than the national average and has also surpassed average prices in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. However, the city's housing market is very active, providing plenty of options to make it easy to find something that fits your needs.