Storage Types in Austell
- Boat Storage Units in Austell, GA
- Businesss Storage Units in Austell, GA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Austell, GA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Austell, GA
- RV Storage Units in Austell, GA
Other Storage Unit Options in Austell, GA
Storage Unit Sizes in Austell
Although it's only 18 miles from the bustling city of Atlanta, the city of Austell is known as a relatively quiet community with plenty of small-town charm. It's home to a small population and covers less than six square miles, but still has plenty to offer. Its proximity to Georgia's most popular entertainment and vacation destinations makes it an attractive option for new residents.
The History of Austell
In its early days, the area where Austell is now located developed a reputation for the lithium carbonate waters that run through the famous Lithia Springs. Settlers believed that the water had healing properties, so people came from miles away to cure their diseases and heal their injuries. Today, the water is bottled and sold as Lithia, a tasty beverage.
The arrival of so many visitors led to the establishment of a small community, which was named Salt Springs for its star attraction. Demand grew for land near the natural spring, leading G.O. Mozely to subdivide the land and develop a plan for a simple street system. When the Georgia Pacific Railway chose the town as the site of a major station depot, it helped fuel the community's growth.
The city was officially incorporated in 1895 and renamed for General Alfred Austell, who played a major role in persuading major railroad companies to connect to the Southern states.
Living in Austell
The small-town atmosphere that Austell is so well-known for makes it easy to meet new people and make friends, especially if you're raising a family. The city features beautiful weather all year long, with warm summer temperatures in the high 70s and low 80s. Many Austell locals take advantage of its pleasant weather, enjoying the outdoor spaces the city has to offer. Softball is an extremely popular sport in the city, with hundreds of locals playing in the city's leagues.
Despite its small size and population, Austell still provides many convenient amenities. Restaurants, shopping venues and public parks all add to the quality of life, as do several fitness centers and entertainment options.
The public schools in Austell are managed by the Cobb County School District. Even though Austell is very small, you'll still find a few private schools in the community.
Resources for Moving to Austell
Here's some helpful information to simplify your move to Austell:
- Utilities: Georgia Power, GreyStone Power Corp. and the Austell Gas System are the community's primary energy providers. Water and sewer services are administered by the city, and require a deposit for activation.
- Garbage and Recycling: Republic Services provides curbside collection of trash and recyclables, billing directly to your city utility bill.
- Transportation: The FLEX bus providers inexpensive door-to-door transportation services throughout Austell and is operated by Cobb Community Transit.
Since much of Austell is dedicated to suburban and urban residential areas, you have a wide variety of real estate options to choose from. Single-family homes, duplexes and apartment homes are plentiful and all very affordable, with median prices far lower than the national average.