Storage Types in Enfield
- Boat Storage Units in Enfield, CT
- Businesss Storage Units in Enfield, CT
- Vehicle Storage Units in Enfield, CT
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Enfield, CT
- RV Storage Units in Enfield, CT
Other Storage Unit Options in Enfield, CT
Storage Unit Sizes in Enfield
Enfield is a mid-size town in Hartford County, Connecticut. The town is perhaps best known as the home base for the famous toy manufacturer, Lego. Within Enfield, the residential areas are divided into several distinct neighborhoods, each one offering a different lifestyle and collection of amenities.
Living in Enfield
In Enfield, you'll be able to enjoy big-city attractions in combination with the laid-back, community-oriented atmosphere of a small town. The town has all the major services you expect from mid-size cities, but it also features friendly neighborhoods ideal for raising a family. The area's well-rated schools, parks and services are just one reason that many young families seek out the town of Enfield.
Enfield is just 17 miles from Hartford, the state's major urban metropolis, well within reasonable driving distance. You can easily day trip to Boston to see professional sports teams like the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins, or stay closer to home and catch minor professional sports teams in Hartford. Both Hartford and Boston have gourmet restaurants, theaters and major attractions just a short drive outside of Enfield.
The Enfield Economy
Many of the working residents of Enfield make the daily commute into Hartford for work, taking advantage of the wide selection of jobs and industries. However, remaining in Enfield for work isn't impossible, especially with a handful of major employers within city limits. One of the city's largest employers is Mass Mutual, a life insurance company. Right behind it are Advanced Auto Parts, Lego, 3M and Brooks Brothers Group.
If you're hoping to find a retail job, there are several local shopping centers that might be a good place to look. The Enfield Square Mall has more than 50 different shops, offering many entry-level retail positions.
Enfield has highly-rated schools, which is one reason so many families move here. The Enfield Public School District serves the public schools in the town.
Resources for Moving to Enfield
As you prepare for your big move to Enfield, here's some helpful information to make the process easier:
- Utilities: Connecticut Light and Power, Yankee Gas and Eversource are Enfield's major energy providers. Connecticut Water Service and the Hazardville Water Co. split administration of water services.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recyclables are collected curbside on a four-day weekly schedule, with your specific neighborhood determining your pick-up date.
- Transportation: Enfield's fixed-route bus system is called the Magic Carpet Bus. You can choose from monthly passes, 10-ride booklets and single rides.
The housing market in Enfield is strong and fairly affordable, with everything from townhouses to multi-story homes for sale. Typically, listings consist of single-level ranch homes, large luxury homes, condominiums, apartments and investment properties. This market also features a number of smaller family homes that are very budget-friendly. Some Enfield neighborhoods are closer to schools, while others feature proximity to the major highways and downtown.