Storage Types in East Hartford
- Boat Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- Businesss Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- Vehicle Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- RV Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
Other Storage Unit Options in East Hartford, CT
Storage Unit Sizes in East Hartford
- 5x5 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 5x10 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 5x15 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 10x10 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 10x15 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 10x20 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 10x25 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
- 10x30 Storage Units in East Hartford, CT
About East Hartford
East Hartford is a fairly small Connecticut town, just across the Connecticut River from Hartford. It's known for its diverse population, scenic parks and a fun-loving spirit that's exemplified through community events like the annual Podunk Bluegrass Festival.
The History of East Hartford
The first known inhabitants of East Hartford were the Podunk Native American tribe. In about 1640, Puritan colonial Thomas Hooker migrated to Hartford from Cambridge, Massachusetts, and prominent settlers like William Goldman followed soon after. In 1659, a man named Thomas Burnham bought the large tract of land occupied by East Hartford and the nearby community of South Windsor. The land was passed down through his family, and East Hartford eventually became its own town in 1783.
Jobs in East Hartford
East Hartford boasts a vibrant economy with several thriving industries that include health care, construction, engineering, manufacturing, retail and professional services. There are many prominent companies with operations in East Hartford, including United Technologies Corp., Goodwin College and Fremont Group. Residents of neighboring towns such as Hartford, Manchester and Windsor often commute to East Hartford for work. Conversely, Hartford is only 3 miles away, which provides an easy commute to employers in that city.
The largest employer in East Hartford by far is Pratt and Whitney, a major U.S. aerospace manufacturer. The company's East Hartford operation provides almost 10,000 local jobs and a large variety of roles to choose from. If you're looking for a job in East Hartford, other major employers include the town of East Hartford, Goodwin College and The Coca-Cola Co.
East Hartford Schools
The East Hartford Public School District operates the public schools of the city. East Hartford is also home to an International Baccalaureate Academy, as well as a few private school campuses.
Goodwin College is East Hartford's major institution of higher education, providing both associate and bachelor's degree programs in several different fields.
Resources for Moving to East Hartford
Here are a few helpful resources to use as you plan your move to East Hartford:
- Utilities: The Metropolitan Water District operates the water services. The Northeast Utilities Service Co. and the Connecticut Natural Gas Co. are East Hartford's major energy providers.
- Garbage and Recycling: Your trash and recyclables curbside collection schedule is determined by your neighborhood's location. The city also provides additional services like leaf collection and snow removal.
- Transportation: East Hartford's main public transit option is CT Transit.
East Hartford Housing
Most of the homes for sale in East Hartford are single-family dwellings, many of which are built in the Colonial or Cape Cod architectural styles. One- and two-story homes are always available, as are a variety of split-levels.
The median rent is highly affordable, as is the median home price. You can choose a suburban, single-family residence with a fenced backyard or go for a gated apartment complex with a pool and free fitness center. Whatever your housing preferences may be, you'll be able to find plenty of budget-friendly options to choose from.