Storage Types in West Covina
- Boat Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- RV Storage Units in West Covina, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in West Covina, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in West Covina
- 5x5 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 5x10 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 5x15 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 10x10 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 10x15 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 10x20 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 10x25 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
- 10x30 Storage Units in West Covina, CA
About West Covina
West Covina is a moderately-sized city in the southeast portion of Los Angeles County, less than 20 miles from the heart of downtown Los Angeles. This quiet, family-oriented community is home to a diverse population that grew considerably between 1960 and 1990, though it has since leveled off.
The History of West Covina
In 1923, the city of Covina wanted to establish a sewage farm where the city of West Covina now sits. However, residents banded together and fought to have the city incorporated, in order to gain the governmental rights to prevent the construction of the sewage farm. At the time, West Covina was a very small town, with only about 500 people living within its boundaries.
Throughout the 1930s and '40s, the city found prosperity in its many walnut and orange groves. Thanks to the post-World War II construction boom, West Covina exploded from a population of less than 4,500 to over 50,000 in just 10 short years. Throughout the years, the city has seen many new development projects that have helped grow the economy and community as a whole.
Living in West Covina
West Covina is a popular home base for commuters, with many people making the short drive to Los Angeles for work. However, if you'd prefer to stay within city limits for work, there are still some options to choose from. The largest employers in West Covina are based in the health care, government and education industries, including the Citrus Valley Medical Center, the West Covina Unified School District and the city of West Covina. There are also a number of retail jobs in West Covina, provided by big-box retailers like Target, Walmart and Macy's.
The city also has plenty of amenities to take advantage of, including several different shopping centers, a variety of restaurants and local entertainment.
West Covina Schools
The schools in West Covina are part of the West Covina Unified School District. In addition to traditional elementary, middle and high schools, the district also offers a K-12 school and a few charter schools.
Though there are no major colleges or universities within the city limits, there are several campuses within just a few miles. Azusa Pacific University, Citrus College and Pasadena College are just a few of the options you have if you're hoping to pursue your degree.
Resources for Moving to West Covina
Here are a few resources to make your move to West Covina a bit easier:
- Utilities: There are several different utilities companies serving West Covina, including the City of Azusa Light and Water, Covina City Water Co. and Southern California Edison.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recyclables are generally collected on a weekly basis throughout the residential areas of West Covina. The city also provides additional disposal resources such as bulk-item pick-up, Clean-Up Saturdays and electronic waste collection.
- Transportation: Foothill Transit provides public transportation in and around West Covina, making it easy to get around where you want to go.
West Covina Housing
The median home and rent prices in West Covina are fairly average compared to the Los Angeles metropolitan area, but are much more expensive than the national averages. However, there a variety of housing types to choose from, so you can find something that best fits your needs.