Storage Types in Wheat Ridge
- Boat Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- Businesss Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- Vehicle Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- RV Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
Other Storage Unit Options in Wheat Ridge, CO
Storage Unit Sizes in Wheat Ridge
- 5x5 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 5x10 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 5x15 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 10x10 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 10x15 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 10x20 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 10x25 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
- 10x30 Storage Units in Wheat Ridge, CO
About Wheat Ridge
Just 15 minutes from downtown Denver, Wheat Ridge is a popular home base for families that want a quaint residential city within easy reach of major metropolitan conveniences. Wheat Ridge covers about 9.5 square miles, and is host to a number of amenities, scenic views of the Rocky Mountains and a welcoming community.
The History of Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge began as a rest stop for gold miners headed West to try their luck in the Gold Rush of 1859. Many of the unsuccessful miners would later return to Wheat Ridge and settle here to farm the rich soil. The area was named for its fields of wheat, but once settled, many farmers converted the land to fruit orchards and vegetable fields for other crops. These in turn gave way to a flourishing flower industry. Today, Wheat Ridge is alternately known as Carnation City, for the abundance of greenhouses that produce more carnations than anywhere in the world.
Living in Wheat Ridge
Wheat Ridge is a desirable community that has earned a number of awards for its quality of life, including recognition for its parks and recreation programs, the local trail system, and the annual Wheat Ridge Carnation Festival. In addition, its proximity to Denver and Interstate 70 puts you within easy reach of big-city entertainment, professional sports, shopping, restaurants and recreational activities like skiing and hiking.
Among the city's highlights is the Wheat Ridge Carnation Festival, an annual celebration of the local community. Its name is a nod to the thriving carnation industry, and it's one of the longest-running festivals in the state. This family-friendly event offers carnival rides, food vendors, live music, a car show and a celebratory parade.
Wheat Ridge Schools
Public school students in Wheat Ridge attend Jeffco Public Schools. In addition to public schools, Wheat Ridge is home to several private and charter schools.
Resources for Moving to Wheat Ridge
Here's some handy information to help you plan your move to Wheat Ridge:
- Utilities: Xcel Energy supplies both electricity and natural gas to Wheat Ridge homes. Several water districts provide water throughout the city.
- Garbage and Recycling: There city provides no designated trash service. However, you can choose from a number of private companies and arrange for your own collection services.
- Transportation: The Regional Transit District serves the greater Denver area, providing public transportation options that include bus and rail.
Wheat Ridge Housing
Home prices in Wheat Ridge are on par with Denver averages, which isn't surprising considering its proximity to the big city. There are a variety of housing sizes and styles to choose from, ranging from contemporary multi-story homes to spacious, ranch-style homes on landscaped lots. You can also find many options for rent, including apartments and town houses.