Storage Types in Lakewood
- Boat Storage Units in Lakewood, CO
- Businesss Storage Units in Lakewood, CO
- Vehicle Storage Units in Lakewood, CO
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Lakewood, CO
- RV Storage Units in Lakewood, CO
Other Storage Unit Options in Lakewood, CO
Storage Unit Sizes in Lakewood
Located between the Rocky Mountains and downtown Denver, Lakewood is a thriving city that's part of the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood Metropolitan area. Lakewood is in Jefferson County, which is an emerging energy and tech hub for new companies. Small businesses are a major cornerstone of the city's economy, providing a significant percentage of jobs in the area.
Thanks to more than 7,000 acres of parks and open areas, including 80 miles of biking and hiking trails, Lakewood is a very active, outdoorsy community. The downtown Belmar area features a variety of local shops, restaurants and a movie theater, and its close proximity to Denver makes it easy to access big-city amenities.
Jobs in Lakewood
Living in Lakewood puts you close enough to Denver to benefit from the ample jobs both cities have to offer. The education, health care, professional, scientific and management sectors provide the most jobs in the area. If you decide to commute to Denver for work, there are plenty of public transit options that offer quick and convenient transportation.
Several large companies call Lakewood home, including Terumo BCT, HomeAdvisor, MoneyGram, The Integer Group, Kinder Morgan and Abengoa Solar. Government agencies, mining and energy companies, and medical device manufacturers are also all major employers in the area.
Schools in Lakewood
The majority of public schools in Lakewood are served by the Jefferson County R-1 School District and are consistently recognized nationwide for their high-performing academics. Lakewood is also home to a handful of International Baccalaureate schools.
If you're interested in pursuing higher education, Colorado Christian University offers a range of four-year degree programs.
Resources for Moving to Lakewood
Here are a few resources to make your move to Lakewood easier:
- Utilities: Xcel Energy provides both power and natural gas, and the city of Lakewood manages water and sewer utilities.
- Garbage and Recycling: In Lakewood, you have your pick of several waste disposal companies for trash and recyclables collection.
- Transportation: Public transit is provided via bus and light rail, with service that provides easy access to nearby Denver.
Lakewood housing spans from entry-level homes and apartments in most areas of the city to luxury homes in Solterra and Belmar. The sale prices of Lakewood homes and the city's average rent tend to be lower than those of the Denver metropolitan area as a whole.