Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Evansville
- Boat Storage Units in Evansville, IN
- Businesss Storage Units in Evansville, IN
- Vehicle Storage Units in Evansville, IN
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Evansville, IN
- RV Storage Units in Evansville, IN
Other Storage Unit Options in Evansville, IN
Storage Unit Sizes in Evansville
As the third-largest city in Indiana, Evansville – in Vandeburgh County – serves as the main metropolitan and industrial hub of the southwestern part of the state. You'll enjoy easy access to big-city attractions in the comfort and security of a small-town atmosphere. It's just under three hours from Indianapolis, and even more attractions are within a short day's drive.
Living in Evansville
Evansville is a large metropolis with distinct neighborhoods, each offering its own benefits and drawbacks. The densely populated downtown neighborhoods are within walking distance of restaurants, cafes and city attractions. Ballard, Old Erie and Downtown Evansville are the more urban neighborhoods in the city, while neighborhoods like Oak Hill and Plaza Park offer a quieter, more residential setting but involve a commute into the city.The city has a bustling downtown area with plenty of entertainment, including racing, semi-pro sports, theater shows, art galleries and 24-hour gaming on riverboat casinos. The city is also home to several parks, and major attractions like the Mesker Park Zoo, golfing and Hoosier National Forest are about an hour away.
Jobs in Evansville
Evansville has a thriving economy with jobs opportunities across multiple industries such as finance, construction and gaming. A number of large companies are headquartered in Evansville, including Berry Plastics, automotive manufacturer Accuride Corp, Shoe Carnival, Vectren and Atlas Van Lines. You can also find many major manufacturers, like Toyota and AK STeel, in and around the city.
In the tri-state area, Evansville is a hub for health care and medical sciences, which provides a large number of health care-based jobs in the community. Because the city also houses several post-secondary institutions, education and support staff jobs are plentiful as well.
Students in Evansville attend schools run by the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp. There are also several alternatives to public school, including private, parochial and charter schools.
If you're hoping to pursue your degree in Evansville, you'll have several major campuses to consider. The University of Evansville, the University of Southern Indiana and Ivy Tech Community College are just a few of the many institutions of higher learning in the city.
Resources for Moving to Evansville
Here are a few helpful resources to simplify your move to Evansville:
- Utilities: Vectren provides Evansville with both electricity and power, while the Evansville Water & Sewer Utility oversees water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: You'll receive one can each for trash and recyclables, which will be collected on a regular basis. Spring yard cleanup and fall leaf collection are seasonal services offered by the city.
- Transportation: The Metropolitan Evansville Transit System facilitates a network of bus routes throughout Evansville. The city has also established several bike and walking paths to make many areas easily accessible on foot or bike.
The housing market is fairly strong in Evansville, thanks to the city's desirable attractions and atmosphere. Despite this, the home prices are very low and extremely affordable. The area has many smaller, single-family homes in urban areas, as well as condos, upscale apartments, townhouses and larger luxury homes in suburban neighborhoods.