Storage Types in Pantego
- Boat Storage Units in Pantego, TX
- Businesss Storage Units in Pantego, TX
- Vehicle Storage Units in Pantego, TX
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Pantego, TX
- RV Storage Units in Pantego, TX
Other Storage Unit Options in Pantego, TX
Storage Unit Sizes in Pantego
Pantego is a small town in the Cross Timbers region of Texas' Tarrant County. It's bordered by Arlington and Dalworthington Gardens, and part of the larger Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. West Park Row, Pioneer Parkway and South Bowen Road help connect Pantego with the rest of Texas and provide easy access to many of its neighboring communities.
Though Pantego covers just 1 square mile, it still has plenty to offer. Local attractions include Bicentennial Park, which features walking trails and a stretching zone, and Pantego Fest, a three-day celebration of the Texas town.
The History of Pantego
The earliest historical references to Pantego date back to 1542, when the DeSoto expedition camped in the present-day Village Creek area. As with many parts of the present-day United States, Native American tribes were already living in the region when settlers arrived in the 1840s. It's believed Pantego was named after a Native American friend of Colonel Foscue, one of the area's first land developers.
Pantego was first incorporated as a town in 1949. It was un-incorporated in February 1952, and then re-incorporated as a township shortly after.
Working in Pantego
Pantego's location close to major cities and highways helps make it an attractive destination for businesses. Many people travel to Pantego to take advantage of its shopping, dining and recreational activities, and both the influx of visitors and the strong community base have helped local businesses grow. Affordable lease spaces have helped make retail one of Pantego's strongest industries. The town has stores selling clothes and fashion accessories, home improvement products, flowers, gifts and much more.
With a low unemployment rate and strong job growth, Pantego and its neighboring communities is a good place to be searching for a job.
Students in Pantego attend public schools that belong to Arlington Independent School District. Because Pantego is such a small town, private school options are limited. However, there are one private campus within city limits, Pantego Christian Academy.
Resources for Moving to Pantego
Here's some helpful information to make your move to Pantego as easy as possible:
- Utilities: The town of Pantego manages water and sewer services. The state of Texas has a deregulated energy market, which means you'll be able to choose the electricity provider that best fits your budget and needs.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash collected is provided twice weekly, while recycling is picked up once a week.
- Transportation: Public transportation options are limited in the Pantego area. However, you can drive to a neighboring community to take advantage of available services.
As in many Texas suburbs, Pantego's housing market has been on the rise. Prices are above the national average, but that's not unusual for a Dallas-area community. Keep in mind that Pantego is extremely small, so home options are often fairly limited.