Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Clayton
- Boat Storage Units in Clayton, NC
- Businesss Storage Units in Clayton, NC
- Vehicle Storage Units in Clayton, NC
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Clayton, NC
- RV Storage Units in Clayton, NC
Other Storage Unit Options in Clayton, NC
Storage Unit Sizes in Clayton
Just 17 miles southeast of Raleigh, Clayton is a small town in central North Carolina. Although it's grown significantly in recent decades, it maintains a tight knit community and a small-town feel. Clayton's proximity to Raleigh attracts residents from all over the Research Triangle area, and its downtown draws locals and visitors with markets, festivals and a thriving retail and hospitality core.
The History of Clayton
Since the mid-18th century, Clayton has attracted residents looking for a quiet, friendly, small town. Though the community's early years were far from smooth sailing, the development of industries such as farming, ranching, lumbering and retail helped the small town thrive. The arrival of the railroad in the 1850s brought new businesses and introduced new residents to the area, and Clayton officially became a town in 1869.
Jobs in Clayton
Clayton is home to hundreds of businesses in education, health care, retail and many more sectors. Johnston County Public Schools, Johnston County, health care provider Johnston Memorial Hospital and manufacturer Grifols Therapeutics are the city's largest employers. Professional services provider Asplundh Tree Expert Co. and retailers Walmart and Food Lion also provide a large number of local jobs.
Clayton and Greater Raleigh welcome many industries, so you'll have a good chance of finding a job regardless of your professional background. The largest industries in the area are professional and business services, trade and transportation, government, education and health services. These industries are a good place to start your job search.
Clayton students attend Johnston County Public Schools, the district responsible for the public elementary, middle and high schools in the area, as well as Clayton's two alternative campuses. Many of the private schools in Clayton are faith-based.
Resources for Moving to Clayton
Here's some helpful information to make your move to Clayton a bit easier:
- Utilities: The town of Clayton utilities department provides all utilities, including electricity, water and waste disposal, are provided by the town of Clayton utilities department.
- Garbage and Recycling: Your trash, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items will all be collected on the same day, once a week. To find out your collection day, you'll need to look up your address on the town's website.
- Transportation: Public transportation options in Clayton are very limited, though you can access a few routes in one of the neighboring communities.
High-end homes in Clayton are concentrated near the Riverwood Golf Club and the Neuse Golf Club, while mid-range and affordable housing is scattered throughout the rest of town. Although the median home price in Clayton is higher than the national average, it's slightly more affordable than the Greater Raleigh average.