Storage Types in Summerfield
- Boat Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- RV Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Summerfield, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Summerfield
- 5x5 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Summerfield, FL
Summerfield is a small community in Florida's Marion County, located near the center of the state. It's an unincorporated area that's counted as part of Ocala County, situated near the intersection of County Road 475A and U.S. 301. This location makes it easy to get around the area and puts many of the Ocala metro area's best amenities within easy reach.
Living in Summerfield
The majority of the Summerfield population is made up of married couples, some with young children but many without. Many people who live in Summerfield choose it for its quiet, peaceful setting, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Florida's popular tourist destinations. It also attracts people with its very affordable cost of living, including plenty of budget-friendly housing options.
In Summerfield, you're well within easy reach of convenient amenities like grocery stores, coffee shops and fitness centers. Even if what you're looking for is in a neighboring town, it's just a short drive away thanks to a network of highways.
Summerfield is a small, quiet community, but it offers proximity to other, larger cities in the area. As a result, you can make the drive to a number of area attractions. It's very close to the scenic Lake Weir, which offers the opportunity to see local wildlife, including fish, birds and alligators. It's also fairly close to Flying Eagle Preserve, a natural preserve that covers nearly 11,000 acres. There, you can enjoy hiking trails, water sports and picnic areas, as well as games like horseshoes, frisbee golf and volleyball.
If you want to take a day trip to Orlando, you'll find it's only about an hour's drive away. Orlando offers many of Florida's most popular attractions, like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. One of the benefits of living in Summerfield is that you're close enough to several central Florida highlights, but also removed enough to avoid crowds and tourist traffic.
Students in Summerfield attend Marion County Public Schools. There are a few small, Christian-based private schools in the area as well.
Resources for Moving to Summerfield
As you're preparing for your move to Summerfield, the following information will be useful:
- Utilities: Major utilities providers in Summerfield include Marion County Utilities and Ocala Electric Utility.
- Pets: All dogs, cats and ferrets older than 4 months of age must be licensed with Marion County.
- Transportation: The nearest public transportation option is Ocala SunTran.
Summerfield has a very affordable housing market, so you might be able to make a good long-term investment. Most of the community's homes range in size from three to four bedrooms, and common features include grassy lots and garages.