Storage Types in Sand City
- Boat Storage Units in Sand City, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Sand City, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Sand City, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Sand City, CA
- RV Storage Units in Sand City, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Sand City, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Sand City
About Sand City
Situated on the water, Sand City is a laid-back but affluent community with many local amenities. Arts, culture and green living are popular tenets of this small city, and at a population of just a few hundred people, it's an incredibly tight-knit community. City planners have created a highly walkable layout for the streets, and many local businesses use sustainable commercial practices.
Sand City traces its roots to a commercial and industrial background. It didn't incorporate until 1960, serving as a hub for businesses ranging from fishing and sand mining to retail and dining. Once it became its own city, this small town began to build its population and its community efforts.
Living in Sand City
About 75 percent of Sand City's coast is protected, and the city has worked diligently to preserve the natural beauty of the area. If you love to sail, surf or collect seashells, you'll find plenty of coastline to enjoy your hobbies. Other popular activities include bicycling through town or exploring local artists' studios.
Although Sand City remains a relatively small city, you're not far from much larger metropolises. You can drive to downtown Monterey in about 10 minutes, and San Francisco is close enough for a day trip. There are numerous amenities within city limits, including grocery stores, dining and popular big-box retailers.
Sand City Arts and Culture
Sand City is home to a passionate group of local artists, and part of the city's mission is to nurture arts and culture in the small community. The Sand City Arts Committee hosts a variety of art-themed events on a regular basis, including artistic demonstrations, special exhibitions, studio tours and outdoor art fairs. The committee installs exhibitions large and small in businesses throughout the city, so there's always art to enjoy almost anywhere you go.
Every year, Sand City hosts a large arts and culture event called the West End Celebration. It's on of the community's most popular events, drawing visitors from many nearby towns. You'll be able to experience performances by local dancers and musicians, view art from a number of the city's artists, and sample food and drinks from the neighborhood's restaurants.
Sand City Schools
Children in Sand City attend schools in the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District. There are no schools directly within Sand City limits, but there are many campuses nearby.
Resources for Moving to Sand City
Here are a few quick resources to help you prepare for your move to Sand City:
- Utilities: Pacific Gas and Electric is the area's central energy provider. Water services are managed by a few different districts, with your specific location determining your provider.
- Garbage and Recycling: Collection of trash, recyclables and green waste is provided in most of Sand City.
- Transportation: Sand City is a very pedestrian-friendly city, though you can also use your personal vehicle to access the city's main shopping centers. There are two public bus stations in Sand City, operated by Monterey Salinas Transit.
Sand City Housing
Because Sand City is so small, it can be challenging to find housing options. Space is limited, and many residents live on the water, in houseboats. There are a few small areas with newly constructed homes, with prices that are well above the national average.