Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Los Alamitos
- Boat Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- Businesss Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- Vehicle Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- RV Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
Other Storage Unit Options in Los Alamitos, CA
Storage Unit Sizes in Los Alamitos
- 5x5 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 5x10 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 5x15 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 10x10 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 10x15 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 10x20 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 10x25 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
- 10x30 Storage Units in Los Alamitos, CA
About Los Alamitos
Los Alamitos is a small city in Orange County, California, covering just over 4square miles. The city is highly developed and benefits from thriving commercial streets and cozy residential areas. Just 25 miles from Los Angeles, Los Alamitos enjoys a convenient location near a variety of big-city amenities.
The History of Los Alamitos
Before it was Los Alamitos, this area was largely agricultural, part of a large ranch called Rancho Los Alamitos. The establishment of a local sugar beet factory complex was a joint effort between several farmers and businessmen, and several residential houses and farms were built nearby. As it developed, the community came to be called Los Alamitos. Although the sugar beet industry eventually declined by the 1920s, the flourishing community it had started still remained.
Like many California towns, Los Alamitos truly began to prosper during and after World War II, when the Joint Forces Training Base brought in thousands of new recruits, some of whom returned to stay after the war. A number of prominent developers began creating subdivisions in the town, helping the population grow and evolve.
Jobs in Los Alamitos
Los Alamitos and the surrounding Orange County are home to hundreds of diverse businesses. Aerospace manufacturer Boeing; health care facilities St. Jude Medical Center and the University of California, Irvine Medial Center; and semiconductor manufacturer Broadcom are some of the area's top employers. Entertainment complex Disneyland and education facilities University of California,Irvine and California State,Fullerton also provide thousands of local jobs.
In the Los Alamitos area, the largest employment sectors are education and health services, government, leisure and hospitality, trade and transportation and professional and business services. If you're planning to join the Los Alamitos job market, your prospects are good, because most areas of the city's economy are growing.
Los Alamitos Schools
The Los Alamitos Unified School District manages the public schools in the area. The district is known for having one of the highest college enrollment rates in Orange County. There are also a small number of private schools in the city and many more in the surrounding area.
Resources for Moving to Los Alamitos
Here are a few quick resources to plan your move to Los Alamitos:
- Utilities: Golden State Water facilitates public water service in Los Alamitos. The city's central energy provider is Southern California Edison.
Garbage and Recycling: Your trash and recyclables will be collected on a regular basis, and you can also request free bulky item pick-up twice a year.
- Transportation: There are a number of public bus routes providing transportation in and around Los Alamitos.
Los Alamitos Housing
If you're searching for a large luxury home, you'll find a variety of options in the city's southwestern corner and in the northwest near Coyote Creek. If affordability is your focus, you'll find a number of choices near the Joint Forces Training Center.