Storage Types in Rockwall
- Boat Storage Units in Rockwall, TX
- Businesss Storage Units in Rockwall, TX
- Vehicle Storage Units in Rockwall, TX
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Rockwall, TX
- RV Storage Units in Rockwall, TX
Other Storage Unit Options in Rockwall, TX
Storage Unit Sizes in Rockwall
The mid-size city of Rockwall is located in northeastern Texas and considered part of the large Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. The early 2000s brought impressive growth to the community, and new residents have continued to flock to Rockwall at a fairly steady rate since then. The city’s unique name stems from a natural geological formation in the area, which has a jointed shape that makes it look like a man-made wall.
The History of Rockwall
In the area where Rockwall now stands, archeologists have uncovered Native American artifacts that trace back at least 13,000 years. In slightly more recent times, the Caddo and Creek Native Americans called the land home.
Settlers arrived in the early 1850s and set about digging wells to establish a water source. As they dug, they discovered the large rock walls underground and long-believed them to be man-made. Within just a few years, the town of Rockwall was officially founded. In 1873, it became a part of the newly-formed Rockwall County.
Jobs in Rockwall
Major employers in Rockwall span many different industries, which is positive news if you’re planning to join the local job market. No matter what your skills or experience may be, you’ll likely find a handful of options that may be a good fit. The largest employer by far in Rockwall is the Rockwall Independent School District, which provides jobs to support staff, teachers and administrators. Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital – Rockwall, Walmart, Rockwall County and Texas Star Express are other large employers in the city.
The public schools in Rockwall are part of the Rockwall Independent School District. In addition to public schools, you’ll also find a mix of private and charter schools to consider for your child’s education. The Higher Education Center at Rockwall offers college courses in a variety of subjects, some of which are facilitated by Texas A&M University.
Resources for Moving to Rockwall
If you’re making the move to Rockwall, the following resources will come in handy:
- Utilities: Like all Texas cities, Rockwall allows you to choose your own electricity providers, which allows you to shop around for your best-fit option. The city utilities department supplies water and sewer services.
- Garbage and Recycling: Trash and recycling are collected on a fixed schedule, which is assigned according to your home’s location. You’re required to use your own disposal can or bags.
- Transportation: Public transit in Rockwall and many of its neighboring communities is provided by STAR Transit.
Rockwall Housing Information
The median home price in Rockwall is on par with many of its adjacent cities but significantly higher than the national average. However, a large and varied market offers plenty of options, making it easier to find something to fit your budget. Many Rockwall homes are situated on spacious, neatly-landscaped lots and include amenities like private swimming pools. If you’re considering renting, you can choose from single-family homes, condos, townhouses and multi-family apartment communities.