Storage Types in Jersey Village
- Boat Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- Businesss Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- Vehicle Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- RV Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
Other Storage Unit Options in Jersey Village, TX
Storage Unit Sizes in Jersey Village
- 5x5 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 5x10 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 5x15 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 10x10 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 10x15 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 10x20 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 10x25 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
- 10x30 Storage Units in Jersey Village, TX
About Jersey Village
Jersey Village is a small city in Texas' Harris County, located within the Houston metropolitan area. Although the community remains fairly small, it's been growing steadily in recent decades.
The History of Jersey Village
Jersey Village was named for the jersey cows that were originally reared on its land. Those cows were raised by Clark W. Henry, who surrendered the land he owned in 1953. Work began on the new residential community in the following year, spearheaded by LeRoy and Henry Kennedy, both members of the Garden Oaks Baptist Church. Houses were built along Jersey Drive, and services like water, drainage, gas and sewage were provided to the community. A school, a park and a golf course were all constructed before Jersey Village was incorporated in 1956.
Living and Working in Jersey Village
As a resident of Jersey Village, you'll have easy access to Houston, which is just 14 miles northwest of the community. Jersey Village's close proximity to this major Texas city puts locals close to universities, job opportunities and attractions like the Houston Zoo. As a small community, Jersey Village has a few of its own local attractions, like the City of Jersey Village Pool and Jersey Meadow Golf Course.
Unemployment in Jersey Village is below the national average, thanks to a variety of jobs within the community and in nearby Houston. Corporate, subsidiary and regional managing offices are the leading employers in Jersey Village, followed closely by several hospitals and the Gulf Pacific Rice terminal. There are many small, locally-owned businesses in Jersey Village as well, providing many different jobs in retail, food service and other industries.
Jersey Village Schools
Jersey Village schools are under the jurisdiction of Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District. You can also find a few private schools in the area, many of which are small preschools. In addition, Lone Star College provides a conveniently-located community college option.
Resources for Moving to Jersey Village
As you get ready for your move to Jersey Village, the following information will be helpful:
- Utilities: Texas has established an open market for energy utilities, which means you'll be able to choose your own electricity provider. The city manages water and sewer utilities.
- Garbage and Recycling: You can expect your trash to be collected twice weekly and recycling is picked up once per week. Yard waste can also be bundled and left curbside for collection.
- Transportation: The METRO operates several public transportation routes in the Jersey Village area.
Jersey Village Housing
Homes in Jersey Village cost less than the national average and are much more affordable than those in nearby Houston. Local homes also tend to be larger, with more generous plots of land, than in the nearby city.