Storage Types in Elkhorn
- Boat Storage Units in Elkhorn, NE
- Businesss Storage Units in Elkhorn, NE
- Vehicle Storage Units in Elkhorn, NE
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Elkhorn, NE
- RV Storage Units in Elkhorn, NE
Other Storage Unit Options in Elkhorn, NE
Storage Unit Sizes in Elkhorn
Elkhorn is a small neighborhood of Omaha, tucked along the western edge of the Nebraska city. It existed as an independent city for over a century, until Omaha annexed it in 2005. Elkhorn has been growing steadily in recent years, drawing new residents with its family-friendly sense of community, welcoming neighborhoods and quiet setting.
Living in Elkhorn
Elkhorn, like many areas of Omaha, is an ideal home for outdoor enthusiasts. The pleasant summers provide the perfect weather for exploring the great outdoors, and Elkhorn has several locations that have plenty to offer. The Chalco Hills Recreation Area is one of the largest, stretching over 1,100 acres and including Wehrspann Lake, a man-made reservoir. The lake's universally-accessible pier is a popular launch spot for small fishing boats, while a viewing platform on the southeastern corner provides a perfect view of the lake's many species of waterfowl. The large park features picnic areas, sports fields, children's playgrounds and large pavilions. Cross-country skiing, running and ice fishing are all regular happenings at Chalco Hills.
In addition to outdoor activities, there are plenty of shopping and dining options in Elkhorn. Thanks to conveniently-located amenities, checking errands off your list is quick and easy. You'll also be able to enjoy all the highlights of downtown Omaha just a few minutes away. Henry Doorly Zoo, Lauritzen Gardens and The Durham Museum are just a few of Omaha's top destinations. Art museums, historic points of interest and large city parks are all within easy driving distance of Elkhorn.
The public schools of Elkhorn fall under the jurisdiction of Elkhorn Public Schools. There are also a few private schools in the community, most of which are church-affiliated campuses.
Resources for Moving to Elkhorn
Making the move to Elkhorn? Here are a few handy resources to simplify the process:
- Utilities: The main utilities providers in Elkhorn (and most of the Omaha area) are the Omaha Public Power District and the Metropolitan Utilities District.
- Garbage and Recycling: The city of Omaha facilitates free trash, recycling and yard waste collection for all residents. You aren't required to sign up for services; collectors will automatically pick up your refuse on the designated days.
- Transportation: Metro Transit is the public transportation system serving Elkhorn and the Greater Omaha area.
Elkhorn Housing Information
The average home price in Elkhorn may be considerably higher than in the Greater Omaha area, but that has a lot to do with its high desirability as a neighborhood. Comfortable, spacious homes on large grassy lots are the norm, and it's not unusual to find homes with five or more bedrooms. You can find a variety of newly constructed homes to choose from in addition to a small selection of condos and townhouses.