Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Gulf Shores
- Boat Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- Businesss Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- RV Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
Other Storage Unit Options in Gulf Shores, AL
Storage Unit Sizes in Gulf Shores
- 5x5 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Gulf Shores, AL
About Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores is a scenic resort city, nestled on the coast of Alabama, bordering the Gulf of Mexico. As a resident, you'll enjoy living full-time in one of the South's favorite vacation destinations. In addition to attracting plenty of visitors during the warmer months, Gulf Shores is a favorite hometown for families, thanks to its friendly sense of community, scenic location and local schools.
Things to Do in Gulf Shores
As a Gulf Shores local, you'll be lucky enough to have easy access to miles of sandy beaches anytime. The oceanfront community offers plenty of water-related activities to choose from, including scuba diving, whale watching tours and fishing. Water sports are also very popular, while hiking and biking along the city's numerous nature trails are other ways to enjoy the coastal weather.
Gulf Shores is also home to a number of golf courses, both public and private. Historic sites and city museums offer an interesting look into Gulf Shores' past, with many exhibits featuring the city's role in the American Civil War. You can also spend a day at the Alabama Coast Zoo, go shopping at Pelican Place at Craft Farms or take your family to Waterville USA, a large amusement and water park. Every summer, the city hosts the Hangout Music Festival, which spans three days and takes place right on the beach.
Jobs in Gulf Shores
The Gulf Shores economy is driven largely by the tourism industry, particularly because it's considered one of the state's major resort cities. If you have experience in the hospitality, retail or food service industries, you can expect to find a range of job options. Numerous hotels and resorts in the city employ a large number of local residents, and related businesses like spas, restaurants and tour companies also benefit from the fairly consistent flow of visitors every year.
Gulf Shores Schools
The Gulf Shores city school system and Baldwin County Public Schools share responsibilities for the public schools in Gulf Shores. You'll also find a handful of private schools in the area, many of which are faith-based campuses.
If you're planning on pursuing higher education in Gulf Shores, one option is to attend Faulkner State Community College.
Resources for Moving to Gulf Shores
If you're getting ready to move to Gulf Shores, the following resources may be helpful:
- Utilities: There are a few different utilities providers in Gulf Shores, including the South Alabama Sewer System, Riviera Utilities, the Orange Beach Water Authority and Baldwin EMC.
- Garbage and Recycling: Republic Services facilitates trash collection services. Your specific collection schedule will depend on your home's location in the city.
- Transportation: The primary public transit option in Gulf Shores is the Baldwin Rural Area Transportation System (BRATS) bus. There are also several privately-managed transit companies that provide taxi and shuttle services.
Gulf Shores Housing
Although it's a beachfront community, Gulf Shores is fairly affordable when compared with many other coastal cities in the United States. The median home price is above the national average, but the city's active housing market offers a variety of options. Townhouses and condos are popular, especially if you're looking for beachfront living, but single-family homes are also available throughout the city.