Storage Types in Carpentersville
- Boat Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- Businesss Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- RV Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
Other Storage Unit Options in Carpentersville, IL
Storage Unit Sizes in Carpentersville
- 5x5 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Carpentersville, IL
Carpentersville is a mid-size village, 36 miles northwest of Chicago and located in Illinois' Kane County. The village population has increased significantly in the last few decades, as the village attracts new residents with its many amenities. Local shopping centers, movie theaters and nature preserves are among the popular destinations for Carpentersville locals.
The History of Carpentersville
The area's first settlers, Daniel and Charles Carpenter, arrived in 1837, and the village that's now Carpentersville was first known as Carpenters' Grove. Fourteen years later, Angelo Carpenter, Charles' son, plotted the area and changed its name to Carpentersville. For quite some time, the community failed to grow at the same steady pace of many of the surrounding settlements.
When the Illinois Iron & Bolt Co. was established in 1864, it brought many German, Swedish and Polish people to the area looking for work. In 1887, the village was officially incorporated. Carpentersville benefited from the arrival of the electric interurban railroad in 1896, which provided easy transportation among the neighboring communities. Development continued into the 20th century, with new additions including a shopping mall, a post office and an auto race-track.
Living in Carpentersville
Carpentersville has plenty to offer, from the natural beauty of the Fox River and the Fox River Trail to easy access to Interstate 90. The village provides several economic development services and has its own business corridors on Randall Road, Route 31 and Route 25.
In addition to the village's economic strengths with jobs in manufacturing, management professional services and more, there are also many assets that Carpentersville provides in terms of recreation. Several parks, a community garden, a Monarch butterfly program and a public library all offer a variety of opportunities for you to enjoy your free time. The Raceway Woods Forest Preserve is another local favorite, with its extensive hiking trails, horseback riding paths and scenic picnic areas.
Carpentersville is served by two different school districts: Community Unit School District 300 and Barrington Community Unit School District 220. Most of the private school options in and around Carpentersville are faith-based campuses, operated by local churches and congregations.
Resources for Moving to Carpentersville
As you get everything organized for your move to Carpentersville, the following information may be helpful:
- Utilities: The village facilitates and bills for water and sewer services, while Commonwealth Edison provides electricity.
- Garbage and Recycling: Republic Services collects both trash and recyclables curbside.
- Transportation: The Pace Bus is the primary public transit option in Carpentersville, providing access to neighboring communities as well as connections to the Metra rail system.
- Pets: Dogs and cats are required to have tags demonstrating their up-to-date rabies vaccination status.
The Carpentersville housing market is fairly affordable, with median homes prices that are well-below the national average. The village offers a far less expensive home base compared to the city of Chicago. Whether you're looking for a compact town-home or a spacious, multi-level house, there are plenty of options to choose from. Rentals are slightly less prevalent, but there are still a number of properties you can consider.