Oops! Looks like there is limited availability for spaces that meet your search criteria.
Phone icon Please call us at 800-792-1602 and we'll help you find perfect storage space.
Storage Types in Winter Springs
- Boat Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- Businesss Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- Vehicle Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- Climate Controlled Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- RV Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
Other Storage Unit Options in Winter Springs, FL
Storage Unit Sizes in Winter Springs
- 5x5 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 5x10 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 5x15 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 10x10 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 10x15 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 10x20 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 10x25 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
- 10x30 Storage Units in Winter Springs, FL
About Winter Springs
Located just 15 miles northeast of Orlando, Winter Springs is situated on the scenic banks of Lake Jesup. Winter Springs is the largest city in Seminole County, and it's home to a small but quickly-growing population. The city celebrates its past with its vintage-inspired downtown core, while its thriving economy and desirable residential areas point the way to a bright future.
The History of Winter Springs
From its very early years, Lake Jessup figured prominently in the area's history. The Winter Springs area was settled in the mid-19th century, and its wharves soon became the furthest south boats could travel by water. Both passengers and cargo passed through the area, and the launch of the Lake Jessup Steamboat Co. in the late 19th century helped Winter Springs continue to expand.
First incorporated as North Orlando in 1959, the community was home to just 600 residents at the time. However, Central Florida as a whole began to expand rapidly, which led to waves of growth that reached the town of North Orlando as well. When Florida Technology University opened in 1968, it continued to fuel the community's evolution. As the campus and its research facilities grew, new residents flooded the town, leading to extensive residential developments. In 1972, the city made the decision to change its name to Winter Springs, growing exponentially in the decades that followed.
Jobs in Winter Springs
Winter Springs' major employers include everything from government agencies to educational institutions, and from retailers to business services organizations. The city of Winter Springs and Seminole County Public Schools are the city's largest employers, followed by Publix Super Markets, Inwood Consulting Engineers and EZYield.com.
In the greater Orlando metro area, major industries include leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, trade and transportation, and education and health services. These sectors are a good place to start if you're looking for a job, as well as the fast-growing industries of construction and manufacturing.
Winter Springs Schools
Winter Springs' public schools fall under the jurisdiction of Seminole County Public Schools. In addition to its traditional campuses, the district also operates two alternative education centers. There are two special education schools in Winter Springs, as well as a handful of small, private preschools.
Resources for Moving to Winter Springs
Here's some basic information about Winter Springs to help simplify the moving process:
- Utilities: The city utility department oversees residential water and sewer services. Duke Energy supplies the city with electricity.
- Garbage and Recycling: If you're moving to a single-family home, you'll be provided city-issued disposal bins. These bins are emptied on a regular schedule, with the exception of major holidays.
- Transportation: You can take advantage of the Lynx transit system for easy access to major points throughout Winter Springs and its surrounding cities.
Winter Springs Housing
If you're working with a limited budget, the city's most affordable homes are generally found in the northwest corner near Winter Springs Golf Club and in the southeast corner near the Tuscawilla Country Club. Winter Springs' largest and most luxurious homes are on the east side of the city, especially near Little Lake Howell. Because there's such a wide variety of housing options, you should be able to find the perfect fit for your budget and needs.