- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- WINNERS MAY BE REQUIRED TO EXECUTE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING A RELEASE, WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
- ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The Public Storage 50th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in the fifty (50) states in the United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least age of majority at the time/date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Public Storage ("Sponsor"), Sponsor's parent company, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively with Sponsor, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of such employees', officers' and directors' immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period and Weekly Entry Periods. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on August 1, 2022 and will end on 11:59 p.m. PT on August 31, 2022 (the "Sweepstakes Period"); provided, however, the Sweepstakes consists of ongoing, independent, weekly sweepstakes entry periods and drawings, meaning each weekly entry period begins at 12:00 a.m. local time on Monday and will end at 11:59 p.m. local time on Sunday (except for the last week of the Sweepstakes Period where the entry period will begin at 12:00 a.m. local time on Monday, August 28 and will end at 11:59 p.m. local time on Wednesday, August 31) (each week, an individual "Entry Period"). The Sweepstakes will continue on a rolling, weekly basis for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period or until such time as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, discontinues offering the chance to win a prize in connection with this Sweepstakes. Non-winning entries from one (1) Entry Period will not roll over or carry over to subsequent Entry Periods. An entrant may enter a maximum total of ten (10) entries per weekly Entry Period (in aggregate) (regardless of method of entry).
3. How to Enter. There are three (3) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes, and you may enter as follows:
(ii) Online AutoPay Method of Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes and to earn entries into a weekly Entry Period drawing, customers of Public Storage can automatically earn ten (10) entries into each weekly Entry Period drawing by enrolling in the AutoPay feature with a checking account through the customer’s Public Storage account. Individuals may access their Public Storage account to enroll in AutoPay with a checking account through the App or the website https://www.publicstorage.com/myaccount/identity/login?signin. Active customers who are already actively enrolled in AutoPay with a checking account will automatically receive ten (10) entries into each weekly Entry Period drawing.
(iii) Web Form Method of Entry. To enter without downloading the App or enrolling in AutoPay, during an Entry Period, a non-customer entrant may complete a web entry form at https://www.publicstorage.com/forms/50thAnniversarySweepstakes, by providing their full name, complete address, home and daytime telephone numbers (including area code), and e-mail address (a "Web Form Entry"). To enter the Sweepstakes, during a weekly Entry Period, a non-customer entrant may visit the Sweepstakes website at https://www.publicstorage.com/forms/50thAnniversarySweepstakes. This entrant must complete and submit the Web Form Entry with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Individuals will receive one (1) entry into the current weekly Entry Period drawing upon submission of their Web Form Entry. Individuals may submit up to a maximum of ten (10) Web Form Entries each weekly Entry Period.
Limit of ten (10) entries per person (regardless of method) will be accepted in this Sweepstakes during each weekly Entry Period. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information, accounts or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. All materials submitted become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the entry or social media account for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sponsor's designated database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. The Sweepstakes Entities may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
4. Selection of Winners and Prize Claiming. There will be ten (10) winners selected for each weekly Entry Period in this Sweepstakes and one (1) grand prize winner selected from among all entries received during the entirety of the Sweepstakes Period. The potential weekly Entry Period winners will be selected through a random drawing on or about the following dates: August 8, August 15, August 22, August 29, and September 2, 2022 from all eligible entries received for each applicable Entry Period in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential grand prize winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about September 2, 2022 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winners will be final. The winners will be notified using the information provided during entry by any of email, telephone or mail (method to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) in a commercially reasonable time after the winner determination process conducted by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an email, placing of a phone call, one (1) day after sending via a delivery service or two (2) days after mailing. A potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email messages.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the "Affidavit") and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize(s). If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize(s) to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize winner under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize winner to be qualified to receive his or her prize(s). If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
5. Odds. Odds of winning a weekly prize will depend upon the total number of entries received during each applicable Entry Period. Odds of winning a grand prize will depend upon the total number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Prize and Values. For each applicable weekly Entry Period, the prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is either: if the winner is a customer, (i) one (1) month of free storage, or, if the winner is not a customer, (ii) $50 in the form of a check, which we will mail to the winner at the address provided in the Web Form Entry. For the grand prize winner, the prize to be awarded is, if the winner is a customer, (i) up to six (6) months of free storage or, if the winner is not a customer, (ii) $300 in the form of a check, which we will mail to the winner at the address provided in the Web Form Entry. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Grand prize winner will forfeit any remaining credit if they cancel their storage prior to the conclusion of the six month period. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider's rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with his or her prize, the Sponsor may elect to provide winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. All prize(s) are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the prize is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize(s) will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize(s) received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and the Sweepstakes Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. The total ARV of all of the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is up to a maximum of Two Thousand Three Hundred Dollars ($2,300.00). The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material.
7. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, each winner irrevocably grants the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees, the right and permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration, except for the awarding of the prize to the winners.
8. Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
9. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each, a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
10. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns ("Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys' fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants' participation in the Sweepstakes (including travel to/from any Sweepstakes activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant's or any other person's equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties' violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor interruption or inability to access the website, application or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with a prize.
12. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Dispute Resolution. Before filing a claim against us in any forum, you agree to first attempt to resolve the dispute informally by notifying us of your claim by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to the Public Storage Dispute Resolution Department, 701 Western Avenue, Glendale, California 91201. The notice must specifically describe the nature of the dispute and the relief you seek. You will give us sixty (60) days from the date we receive your notice to try to resolve the dispute. Either party may file a claim if the dispute is not resolved after sixty (60) days. Both you and Public Storage agree that any and all dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Public Storage arising in connection with or in any way relating to the relationship between you and Public Storage, including your use of the Public Storage online bill paying service, will be determined by mandatory binding individual (not class) arbitration. You and Public Storage further agree that the arbitrator shall have the exclusive power to rule on his or her own jurisdiction, including any objections with respect to the existence, scope or validity of the arbitration agreement or to the arbitrability of any claim or counterclaim. By agreeing to arbitrate, both parties are giving up the right to proceed in court. Arbitration is a method of claim resolution that is less formal than a traditional court proceeding. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. There may be more limited discovery than in court. The arbitrator must follow this agreement and can award the same damages and relief as in court, except that the arbitrator may not award any relief, including declaratory or injunctive relief, benefiting anyone but the parties to the arbitration. This arbitration provision will survive termination of the Agreement. The arbitration will be governed and administered by the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") then in effect and as modified by this Arbitration Agreement, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes, who will be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. To the extent JAMS is not available in your state, the arbitration will be governed and administered by the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") then in force (the "AAA Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For all claims and counterclaims together valued at less than $25,000, you and Public Storage agree that arbitration must proceed as a documents-only hearing, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by both parties. You and Public Storage agree that the right to arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement is protected by, and any arbitration will be governed by, the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq.). You and Public Storage agree that our business and the relationship here involve interstate commerce. The AAA Rules, as well as instructions on how to file an arbitration proceeding with the AAA, appear at adr.org, or you may call the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Notwithstanding the foregoing, both you and Public Storage agree that nothing in this arbitration agreement will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our rights, at any time, to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court's jurisdiction. Both parties also retain the right to pursue any eviction, action to enforce a lien, and/or unlawful detainer remedies or defenses in any court. You agree that Public Storage retains the right to conduct a lien sale. Further, this arbitration agreement does not stop you or Public Storage from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies, who may seek relief against us on your behalf (or vice versa) to the extent allowed by law. Any other claims, however, such as claims for violations of the self-storage lien laws, derivative claims (including, but not limited to, claims under state consumer protection statutes), conversion, negligence, breach of contract, or other violations of state or federal law, must be brought in arbitration. YOU AND PUBLIC STORAGE BOTH AGREE TO GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND PUBLIC STORAGE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, CONSOLIDATED ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION. Unless you and Public Storage agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person’s claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding, consolidated action or private attorney general action. If this specific provision, known as the "Class Action Waiver," is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
14. Name of Sweepstakes Winners. To receive the name of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, before December 1, 2022, to: "50th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Sweepstakes," c/o Marketing Administration, 701 Western Ave., Glendale, CA 91201-2349.
16. Identification of Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Public Storage, 701 Western Avenue, Glendale, CA 91201. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.