Who doesn’t love a good organizing session, or at least the relaxing results of using your spaces well and making them look their best. Here are some clever home organization ideas you can do today to help you tackle the clutter.
Read on to organize your home, room by room, space by space.
Easy Kitchen Organization Tips
These simple kitchen organization tips will help preparation and cooking time go smoothly.
1. Learn how to organize a pantry and cupboards like a pro by organizing your pantry by category. Groups like snacks, cans, vitamins and cereals are common ones – but you should categorize your food in a way that works for your home or family.
2. Place ingredients such as and prep tools out of cupboards and within arm’s reach.
3. Keep snack like granola bars and packaged nuts organized in bins which can easily be pulled off shelves.
4. Did you know Hygge lifestyle is ideal for organization? Use Storage jars (like the ones pictured below) to eliminate bulky boxes in your pantry and allow to keep inventory of ingredients.
5. Stock your pantry with only the food you plan to eat that week, and organize excess items in your garage, basement or storage closet.
6. Organize drinks, water, juices or snacks by adding shelves or a cabinet near your refrigerator.
7. Install pull-out organizers in a deep cabinet for easy access of hard to reach items at the back.
8. Three Steps to Organize Your Kitchen Like a Pro Cleaning supplies—Put products for cleaning the bathroom and other areas in those rooms and just keep what you need for the kitchen.
9. Create spice rack in underutilized spaces near stove for organization.
Bathroom Organization Ideas
Simplify your morning routine with these bathroom organization ideas.
10. Store excessive bathroom items and hair products in a linen closet or storage space in or outside the bathroom.
11. Add shelves or hooks on walls or doors to organize towels, washcloths or hair products.
12. Place hooks on inside of cabinet doors to neatly hang your curling irons or blow dryers. Hooks can also be placed on one side of the cabinet for easy access.
13. Create shelving above the bathroom door to organize extra towels.
14. Organize kids’ toys in the tub by placing them in bins and hanging on a tension rod the length of the shower wall.
15. For those who have to share a bathroom, give each person their own shower a caddie which can be placed under the vanity or hung on tension rod between uses.
Reduce Cable Mess with These Organization Hacks
Eliminate that cord clutter eyesore by starting with a purge. Toss out old cables and holders that don’t work or you no longer use.
16. Grab cable ties, or even twist ties, to tuck cords under your desk or entertainment center.
17. Velcro tie strips are a great option to wrangle all those cords consuming your floor space.
Home Office Organization Tips
These tips will help you create the perfect home office in a spare bedroom, family room—or even a closet! If you already have a home office, we’ve also got some got ideas for organizing papers at home.
18. Move extra furniture into the garage or using a storage unit to free up space for your new work from home office.
19. Use a stack of books to help raise your screen and avoid poor posture.
20. Organize your work schedule with family or roommates and let them know if you have an important meeting that day.
21. Keep clutter out of your desk drawers by adding organizing bins and labeling sections!22. Buy multi-colored file folders and designate colors for categories such as green taxes and yellow for utility bills to help.
23. Use a magazine holder and designate a slot for members of the family to hold their mail.24. Next time you pay bills, take inventory of each paper statement you receive and then set aside 15 minutes to sign up for their online statements.
Reorganize Your Home
25. Grab a friend! Ask them to help you go through your home and create a list of organization goals you want to tackle.
26. Set a timer to clean a designated spot in your home. This tip helps you avoid burnout and giving up on your organization goals!
27. Use hooks and tray to organize an entryway or popular place in your kitchen. Keep keys on hooks and use the tray to organize other loose items. These command center ideas will organize your home in no time.
That’s our list! Don’t forget to share your best organizing tip with us. Read more of our organizing tips here!